Put simply, solar works via a solar panel system, which converts energy from the sun into electricity that can be used to power your home, businesses or community organisation.
AICA Engineering Solar system allows you to generate your own electricity, reducing your carbon footprint as well as your energy bill. Our solar panel systems are silent, have no moving parts and require virtually no maintenance – all you need to do is sit back and enjoy free electricity straight from the sun!
How a Solar System Works
- Sunlight hits the photovoltaic panel array and is absorbed by the silicon in the cells. (Our systems are modular so the solar panel array can be upgraded at any time.)
- The electrons produced by this create a direct current (DC) and run from the solar array into an inverter, which converts the electricity into an alternating current (AC). This inverter can be placed either inside in a utility room or outside near the panels, and produces exactly the same type of power that you currently receive from the electricity grid.
- Solar panels give you the power to slow, stop or even send your utility meter backwards depending on the size of your system, the time of day and the current load.
- The AC power goes into your building and is used to run everyday electrical items.
- Any excess power not used by your home or business is fed back into the main grid, effectively running your electricity meter backwards.